Monday, October 5, 2009

...Do you know Michael Jackson?

Well, today was the first day on the job….let me tell you, Spanish kids are extremely interesting. They yell, there hilarious, and they don’t stop talking….ever. I could not get over the amount of questions I received today….some were extremely funny. The best one was, when I was talking about how long it takes to drive from Northern RI to the south, they asked how long it took to walk it….uhhhh? I don’t know, a day? Haha. Things like that….also if I knew any movie stars, especially if I knew Michael Jackson. Yes, he’s a personal friend. Oyyyyeee. This is going to be a good year.

Well, the teachers are excellent. Today I worked mainly with a woman named Beatriz, and she happens to live in the apartment building across from me. Today we worked with the two 4th grade classes, and the two 6th. I got to explain where I lived, the capital of the U.S. and how many states there were. It is kind of hard because here they don’t really have any English immersion, so they never get to practice what they learn. Unfortunately I had to teach a little bit in Spanish, which defeats the whole purpose of me being there! We’ll work towards it. However, it was still a lot of fun. The school is very small but well-equipped. Tomorrow I get to go to the other school, Augusta Bilibilis, the largest in the city.

Score! Tonight we hiked over to the Spanish equivalent of Walmart and bought sheets and towels! Yayyyyy. Now all we need is some hot water and we’ll be good to go….

Oh the little things in life that makes us happy.

Buenas Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment