Thursday, April 15, 2010

A traves de mis ojos....


So, I've come to realize that I haven't painted the best picture of Calatayud. Its old versus new, chipped stucco versus bright paint. Here are some of my favourites from this year, thus far, in no particular order....


San Roque at night...

The flag poles


El Paseo..rather empty


The Osprey nest right outside my bedroom window...


The front side of this little church I found...
The one side, out of four, that remains!





There was an old house in Paris, covered in vines.... (or Calatayud)


These trees remind me of hands...


Think age has set in yet?





Can't help but wondering how many people have walked this street...


Our resident dominant male peacock (He's got the biggest feathers)


Santo Sepulcro






The Plaza Espana



I'm absolutely taken with the balconies here....


The highest tower in Calatayud


Think they use the bookshelves anymore?





One of my favourite buildings here

This was the exact church where Ferdinand of Aragon was named heir to the Aragon throne...


Santa Maria



Grafitti Art



View from outside my dining room window

Fuente de Ocho Canas
circa 8th century


Wind Power!


El Casco Antiguo


El Castillo de Ayud


The castle's tower


The retablo de San Juan el Real

Dry, Aragonese countryside

San Roque!


El Castillo de Ayud

It's quite the special place. Hope you enjoy. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Sara! qué fotos más bonitas...me han encantado. Supongo que pronto regresarás a EE.UU. espero que este año haya valido la pena, al menos así parece.
    Dos de las tres becas otrogadas este año por Shinn han sido para dos estudiantes míos (estoy muy orgullosa!) una chica va a Granada y otro chico va a Cádiz!!!!
    El otro día Mrs. Perry en la reunión del comité de Shinn me preguntó por ti. Si le envías algín día un correo electrónico creo que le hará mucha ilusión y que lo leerá enfrente de todos los miembros. Le (nos) encanta tener noticias de antiguos becarios de Shinn, y estamos orgullosísimos de ti en especial.
    Te deseo un buen fin de año académico en España,cuídate mucho y quizás nos veamos pronto.
    Un beso
    Maricarmen

    ReplyDelete